1 Compton Rd, London SW19 7QA
Wimbledon Arts trades as Wimbledon BookFest and is a registered charity no. 1120297.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), General Data Protection Regulation 25 May 2018 (GDPR) and other relevant legislation.
Data Security and Storage
We collect and store personal and non-personal data that you may volunteer as part of booking tickets, making a purchase, becoming a Friend or via donation forms, e-news sign-ups, visitor surveys or in connection with a specific project or event.
Personal information we collect may include:
- Your full name and title and date of birth
- Postal address, email address and phone number
- IP (internet protocol) address
- Ticket purchase history
- Gift Aid status
- Payment card details (these are not stored)
- Your contact and communication preferences – the information you have opted to receive from Wimbledon BookFest about our programmes and how you want to receive this
Non-personal information we collect includes: IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet); web pages accessed; and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many people use our website, how regularly they visit, and how popular our webpages are. This information does not tell us anything about who you are or where you live, but it does help us monitor and improve our service.
We store personal data under strict safekeeping and confidentiality measures on secure servers operated by our third party ticket suppliers Polka Children’s Theatre and stored securely by Spektrix, their ticketing provider. All Spektrix servers are located in a Tier IV data centre in the UK, which has 24/7 onsite security and tightly restricted access control. Only authorised Wimbledon BookFest and Polka staff (our ticketing agent) who need to process your data will have access to it.
By disclosing your personal information to us by phone or in writing, you are giving us your consent to collect, store and process your personal information in the manner described in this Notice. The information we hold will be accurate and up-to-date within our knowledge.
While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur when it is under our control, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this. Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and while we do our best to try to protect the security of your information we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while data is being transferred.
If you have any questions regarding the Privacy Notice or your information, please email: email@example.com or write to Data Protection, Wimbledon BookFest, 1 Compton Rd, London, SW19 7QA
We will use the information you provide to:
- Process sales transactions, donations or other payments and verify financial transactions
- Fulfil your requests – such as applications for Friends; membership, donations, competition entries, participation in campaigns and provision of information
- Identify visitors and contributors
- Handle and deliver orders and communicate with you about them
- Provide a personalised service to you when you visit our website. This could include customising the content and/or layout of our pages for individual users
- Record any contact we have with you
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf in relation to prevention and detection
- Carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of our users and supporters to help Wimbledon BookFest gain a better understanding of them and to enable us to improve our - service. This research is usually carried out internally by our employees unless we notify you otherwise and have your prior consent.
- Communicate with our customers and supporters
- And only with your consent, provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you regarding the development and news about Wimbledon BookFest.
To undertake our business activities we sometimes have to share your information with third parties such as our database and IT providers and our mailing house, which handles our direct postal communications with you. We only choose partners we trust and will only pass personal data to them if they have signed a contract that requires them to:
- abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act
- treat your information as carefully as we would
- only use the information for the purposes it was supplied (and not for their own purposes or the purposes of any other organisation)
- allow us to carry out checks to ensure they are doing all these things.
We do not share or sell your personal information for other organisations to use for their own purposes, unless it is for the reasons given above.
Children and Vulnerable Adults
We are committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and do all we can to ensure that all who work at Wimbledon BookFest, including volunteers, are safe and inspired by their experience. An important part of doing this is to protect their privacy.
You choose what information you get from Wimbledon BookFest and how you get it
- You can opt-in to receive communication about some or all aspects of Wimbledon BookFest and how you wish to communicate with Wimbledon BookFest for each or all of these, including by email, post, telephone or text.
- Update your permission preferences or stop Wimbledon BookFest communication at any time.
- You can easily update your personal information and communications preferences, or unsubscribe, at any time in the following ways:
- clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link within a newsletter or within an email
- by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by writing to Data Protection, Wimbledon ‘BookFest, 1 Compton Rd, London, SW19 7QA
The permissions above relate to optional communications from Wimbledon BookFest. We will continue to send you communications about transactions you make with us, for example when you purchase tickets, or relating to active subscriptions you hold with us such as a membership. You can update your preferences inreposnose to any email. We will consider that your preferences last for five years unless you notify us otherwise.
Wimbledon BookFest Friends’ Scheme
If you hold an active Friends' membership this will include sending you information regarding your subscription renewal, an annual programme, e-newsletters about priority booking, and renewal information.
Our website contains links to other sites whose information practice may be different to ours. You should consult other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to or collected by third parties. Furthermore we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may be collectable in transit by others.
Access to and deletion of your personal data held by Wimbledon BookFest
You have the right to ask for a free copy of the personal information that we hold about you (to be supplied within one month of receiving request) and to correct any inaccuracies in that information (to be responded to within 72 hours of receiving request) and 30 days to comply with deletion as long as it doesn’t conflict with other regulations) or to ask us to delete such records.
Please note we will ask for appropriate identification (eg Passport or Driving License) and may need to charge a reasonable procesing fee for the request.
Please direct all requests to Wimbledon BookFest, 1 Compton Rd, Wimbledon, London SW19 7QA
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve a problem about our handling of your personal information. For more information about your Data Protection rights, please visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk
Updated: 1 May 2018